Level 3 Systems Engineer
Job Title: Systems Engineer III / Senior Systems Engineer
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Service Manager
About Inline Computer & Communications:
If you have successful experience working as an IT Consultant or Systems Administrator, and have a strong passion for computers, exceptional customer relations, and learning technology then you might be a candidate to join our team. Inline Computer & Communications is looking for both full time and part-time engineers who can hit the field running and join our mission to bring the best possible customer service to our clients.
Come work for a flexible, fast-growing company that offers a strong compensation package, state-of-the-art IT management tools, and has a real can-do attitude towards our customers, vendors and staff. We use a team approach so you will always feel confident in the day-to-day IT battles.
We have over twenty years of servicing SMBs in Eastern Washington area. If you are ready to be part of something big, contribute in a team environment, and help build fast-growing local businesses that have heavy IT demands, please submit your resume below.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for handling escalated tickets, spearheading large client projects, and mentoring junior engineers. This relates to all technology, including: firewalls, servers, networks, vendor specific hardware, workstations, printers, and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Expert technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Expert remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Utilize remote monitoring and management system alerts/notifications, and respond accordingly via service tickets
- System documentation, maintenance and review in ConnectWise
- Communication with customers as required: effectively communicating incident progress, notification of impending changes or agreed outages
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills such as: telephony skills, exceptional written and oral communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details (45+ WPM)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Preferred experience with:
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 and Server 2003/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2
- Microsoft Office Suite 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Firewalls (Watchguard, Cisco, SonicWall, etc.)
- Backup Technologies (ShadowProtect, Backup Exec)
- Antivirus (Symantec, Kaspersky, AVG, MSE, Webroot, Vipre)
- Software deployment technologies (WDS, MDT, Ghost, Repackaging tools)
- Advanced Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting)
- Remote access technologies (VPN, dial-up, terminal services)
- Server migrations
- Relevant certifications (MCITP, CCNA, etc.)
Ideally you will also have:
- At least six years of relevant experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in customer service
- Exceptional communication skills
Benefits after 90 days:
- Paid Vacation
- Profit sharing